If you’re an indie artist who has released new music in the past 11 months, then it’s time to get your entries in for the Independent Music Awards.
Run by the Association of Independent Music (AIM), the awards champion creativity, innovation and excellence in the music community.
There are ten categories open to enter this year. Most are pretty standard – best live act, best video, UK Breakthrough – but there are a few that are a little left of field such as Best [Difficult] Second Album and Best Creative Packaging.
Here are the details
- To be eligible, submissions must have been released between 22 June 2018 and 28 June 2019.
- Multiple entries from independent record companies, self-releasing artists and individuals are welcome.
- The following categories open for entries are: International Breakthrough, Independent Video, UK Independent Breakthrough, Best Creative Packaging, Best Live Act, Independent Album, One To Watch, Independent Track, Best Small Label and Best [Difficult] Second Album.
- Awards will also be given for Independent Label, Innovator Awards, Outstanding Contribution To Music, Pioneer Award and PPL Award For The Most Played Independent Act. These will be decided by the AIM Board, a judging panel and data from PPL.
- AIM members are also invited to nominate their Indie Champion – someone in another part of the industry who shows unwavering support for independent labels and artists.
The deadline for entries is 14 June so get cracking. Submit your entries HERE.